PRO PILOT SOFTWARE > GETTING AROUND ON THE GROUND
Now with Airport Simulator. Learning the theory is one thing. Practicing it is another. That's where Airport Simulator comes in. Airport Simulator is a real-time, 3-D, virtual airport taxi simulator. Get the ATIS, exchange communications with Air Traffic Control, and follow taxi instructions including hold short and runway crossing tasks. The goal is to practice taxiing so as to NOT cause a runway incursion. Two airports and forty challenging taxi scenarios are included. And, there's no need for special hardware such as rudder pedals, because you control your aircraft with just a few keys on your keyboard. It's easy!
Getting Around On The Ground™ 3.0 With Airport Simulator provides:
• Full sound narration to make learning easy
• 3D graphics that show the airport environment from ground view
• Skills for preventing runway incursions
• Complete descriptions and visuals of airport markings, signs, and lighting
• Methods of incorporating knowledge of markings, signs, and lighting in your flight operations
• Ground procedures
• Safety "Quick Tips" that you can use immediately
• Case Studies of real-world runway incursion incidents and accidents
• A final exam
• Airport Simulator, to practice real-time taxiing according to Air Traffic Control instructions
Getting Around On The Ground™ 3.0 With Airport Simulator also contains:
• 5 hours of narrated instruction
• 20 instructional sections
• 125 original 3D graphics and animations
• 60 quiz questions
• 17 "Quick Tips"
• A 50-question final exam
• Two airports in Airport Simulator and 40 taxi scenarios
Main Menu. The Main Menu is used to access each of the instructional sections and Airport Simulator. The sections included are:
• Runway Markings
• Taxiway Markings
• Other Pavement Markings
• Holding Position Markings
• Mandatory Instruction Signs
• Location Signs
• Direction Signs
• Destination Signs
• Other Signs
• Airport Lighting
• Runway Status Light System
• Taxi Diagrams And Hotspots
• Ground Procedures
• Quick Tips
• Case Study
• Airport Simulator, with instructions and two airports
• Final Exam
Case Studies and Statistics. A primary feature of Getting Around On The Ground™ is it's emphasis on case studies and statistics. In other words, you'll find out how close your own experiences could be to actual accidents and close-calls. You won't just learn the technical aspects of airport operations, but you'll also learn about specific real-life runway incursion hazards.
3D "Ground-view" Graphics. It's no wonder airports are confusing when taxiing on the ground. Since most aircraft sit low to the ground, it's difficult to visualize one's position. That's why we created 3D graphics that represent how things really look—low to the ground. All graphics feature accurate representations of signs, colors, and markings.
Quizzes. You'll have the chance to test your knowledge after each section. Simple quiz questions are provided in a variety of formats, accompanied by 3D graphics to illustrate the question at hand.
Markings, Signs, and Lighting. You'll learn how to interpret the colors, symbols, and placement of markings, signs, and lighting. Since many airport layouts are rather confusing, such scenarios are illustrated to describe how such markings, signs, and lights are used.
Procedures. Although not a tutorial on communications, Getting Around On The Ground™ does emphasize the importance of proper communication and taxiing technique. The section on Procedures provides an overview of proper ground operations.
Quick Tips. While factual knowledge is a good thing, pilots need real tips and techniques that can help prevent runway incursions. Seventeen Quick Tips are provided, with clear graphics, that you can start using right away.